MEMBER BENEFITS AND SERVICES
Members of the Global Cultural Districts Network enjoy the following benefits and services:
- Regular convenings to share emerging best practices, hear expert panels, and discuss the place of cultural precincts and complexes in urban policy, economic development, and related areas of public policy such as travel and tourism;
- Past convenings have taken place in Dallas, Montreal, Jakarta, London, and Brooklyn.
- The next convening will take place in Barcelona, May 10-13, 2017.
- Access to a members-only virtual forum for detailed sharing of information among members and discussion of opportunities and challenges on-line;
- Access to members-only virtual roundtables and webinars;
- Opportunities to establish strategic bilateral and multilateral partnerships for content, programming, skills training, and knowledge transfer;
- An example of this includes the newly launched Intercities project in collaboration with the Quartier des Spectacles in Montréal.
- Access to original research by AEA Consulting and others on topics of common interest such as programming, audience development, cultural tourism, professional development, effective models of governance, trends in technology and creative industries strategies, delivered in the form of an annual white paper and a quarterly digest of relevant secondary literature;
- Subscription to the Global Capital Projects Update, a weekly email digest of news regarding capital project developments around the world;
- Subscription to the GCDN Reading List, a bi-weekly email digest of articles relating to cultural districts, creative placemaking, arts in the urban context, and more. This email also features news about GCDN members.
- Invitation and conference registration fees waived for two people to the annual New Cities Summit, where members can participate in GCDN panel discussions, network with one another, and also with thought leaders in adjacent sectors including media, technology, urban planning, etc.