MEMBER BENEFITS AND SERVICES
Members of the Global Cultural Districts Network enjoy the following benefits and services:
- Regular convenings to share emerging best practices, hear expert panels, and discuss the place of cultural precincts and complexes in urban policy, economic development, and related areas of public policy such as travel and tourism;
- Opportunities to establish strategic bilateral and multilateral partnerships for content, programming, skills training, and knowledge transfer;
- An example of this includes the newly launched Intercities project in collaboration with the Quartier des Spectacles in Montréal.
- Access to original research by AEA Consulting and others on topics of common interest such as programming, audience development, cultural tourism, professional development, effective models of governance, trends in technology and creative industries strategies, delivered in the form of an annual white paper and a quarterly digest of relevant secondary literature;
- Access to a members-only virtual forum for detailed sharing of information among members and discussion of opportunities and challenges on-line;
- Access to members-only virtual roundtables and webinars;
- Subscription to the Global Capital Projects Update, a weekly email digest of news regarding capital project developments around the world;
- Subscription to the GCDN Reading List, a bi-weekly email digest of articles relating to cultural districts, creative placemaking, arts in the urban context, and more. This email also features news about GCDN members.
- Early access to the Cultural Infrastructure Index, an annual review of investment in capital projects in the cultural sector, identifying projects with a budget of US$10 million or more that were publicly announced or completed within a calendar year.
- The 2016 Cultural Infrastructure Index is available here.